Dr. Anita Blanchard's Homepage
THIS PAGE IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED. PLEASE GO TO MY NEW HOME PAGE
On this page, you will find out information about:
Psych 2171: Intro to I/O Psychology
Sense of Community in Organizations and Virtual Communities
· Blanchard, A. L., Welbourne, J. A. & Boughton, M. A*. (in press) Model of Online Trust: The Mediating Role of Norms and Sense of Virtual Community. Information, Communication, and Society.
· Blanchard, A. K., Askay, D*. & Callas, K*. (2010) Sense of Community in Professional Virtual Communities. In Shawn Long (Ed) Communication, relationships, and practices in virtual work.
· Blanchard, A. L. & Rashotte, L. S. (2010) The Role of Technology in the Development of Group Trust. In D. Latusek & A. Gerbasi (Eds). Trust and Technology.
· Welbourne, J., Blanchard, A. L., Boughton, M. D.* (2009). Supportive Communication, Sense of Virtual Community and Health Outcomes in Online Infertility Groups. In Communities and Technology 2007: Proceedings of the Fourth Communities and Technologies Conference, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA.
· Blanchard, A. L. (2008) Sense of Virtual Community: Definition, Antecedents and Outcomes, In S. Kelsey & Kirk St. Amant (Eds) Handbook of Computer-Mediated Communication Research.
Blanchard, A. L. (2008) The definition, antecedents and outcomes of successful virtual communities. In N. Kock (Ed.) The Encyclopedia of e-Collaboration.
Blanchard, A. L. (2007). Developing a sense of virtual community measure, Cyberpsychology & Behavior, 10, (6), 827-830.
Blanchard, A. L. (2006). Listserv implementation and sense of community: The relationships with increased knowledge and face-to-face interaction. International Journal of e-Collaboration, 2(2), 27-45..
Blanchard, A. L. & Markus, M. L. (2004). The Experienced "Sense" of a Virtual Community: Characteristics and Processes. The Data Base for Advanced in Information Systems, 35 (1), 64-71. (Google Scholar)
Blanchard, A. L. (2004) Blogs as Virtual Communities: Identifying sense of community in the Julie/Julia Project. Into the Blogosphere: Rhetoric, Community and Culture. L. Gurak et al (Eds).
Blanchard, A. L. & Markus, M. L. (2001). Sense of Virtual Community--Maintaining the Sense of Belonging , Proceedings of the 35th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Science , Nominated for best conference paper.
Preliminary results from the Julie/Julia Project research.
Preliminary results from Babycenter.comModels of Successful Virtual Communities
· Blanchard, A. L. & Markus, M. L. (2007). Technology and Community Behavior in Online Environments In C. Steinfield, B. T. Pentland, M. Ackerman, & N. Contractor (Eds). Communities and Technology 2007: Proceedings of the Third Communities and Technologies Conference, Michigan State University, Springer.
Blanchard, A. L. (2004) Virtual behavior settings: An application of behavior settings theories to virtual communities, Journal of Computer Mediated Communication, 9(2).
Research report (MS Word Version)
How listserv participations affects attachment to the organization (Presented at SIOP in Orlando, FLCyberloafing
Blanchard, A. L., & Henle, C. A. (2008) Correlates of different forms of cyberloafing: The role of norms and external locus of control. Computers in Human Behavior, 24, 1067-1084..
Henle, C. A., & Blanchard, A. L. (2008) Predicting cyberloafing at work: The relationship between work stressors, organizational sanctions, and cyberloafing. Journal of Managerial Issues 20(3), 383-400..Social Capital and Virtual Communities
· Blanchard, A. (2003) The Effects of Dispersed Virtual Communities on Face-to-Face Social Capital. In M. Huysman and V. Wulf (Eds.) Social Capital and Information Technology. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
Blanchard, A. L. & Horan, T. (1998) Social Capital and Virtual Communities, Social Science Computer Review, 16, 293-307.Other Research
· Blanchard, A. L., Welbourne, J. A., Gilmore, D., & Bullock*, A. (2009) Followership styles and employee attachment to the organization. The Psychologist Manager Journal, 12, 111-131.
· Ensher, E. A., Huen, C., Blanchard, A. (2003). Online Mentoring and Computer-Mediated Communication: New Directions in Research. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 63, 264-288.
Mentoring and its effects on SOC and OC.
You can contact me at:
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
Last updated: October 2, 2008